The voice notes that we capture with our iPhone or iPad are usually recorded on the fly, without fully taking into account the final result. This can cause review these notes to extract the information be a longer process than usual. Fortunately, thanks to two small novelties in iOS 15 we can greatly streamline and facilitate this management.
Faster and without unnecessary pauses
Reviewing a recording is a process that can be lengthy. Aware of this, in iOS 15 we can now accelerate the playback speed, so that listening will last less time and, at the same time, they allow to skip silences, thereby compacting the information even more. Two functions that, as we can see, make a huge difference And they are also very easy to use, these are the steps to follow:
- We open the app Voice Notes on our iPhone or iPad.
- If necessary we touch the record button to start a recording. If we have already made the recording, we select it from the list that the app offers us.
- We touch the button in the form of three lines.
- We activate or deactivate Skip silences.
- We use the slider Play speed to increase or decrease speed.
- We press the button Play.
With these two options we can significantly compress the playback of a voice memo and condense the information so that it is more agile to listen to and, if necessary, remove it. It is clear that the gain that we will obtain depends a lot on the type of note that we have recorded, but, in general, we will clearly notice a big difference.
This is one of the many details that Apple has added to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. Details that were not mentioned in the keynote of presentation of the systems and that are not widely known. Details, however, that make the Voice Notes app even more capable and versatile.
Image | Pawel Czerwinski