Would you like to learn how to download and install Office Document Imaging on your pc? When you have a computer, it’s important to have a basic understanding of how it works, what the different types of files you can view are for, and how each can be used. When you know this, you can work much more efficiently.
Computers operate in complex and somewhat complicated ways when you don’t know enough about how to use or employ them. When you have the knowledge, you can do tons of different actions on a computer, and it can even help you in different areas of work, like designing and editing.
We mention this because these types of jobs are often handled through different file formats They are used for different purposes, and having the necessary knowledge of each one you can do your job more efficiently and easily.
Here you can read about: How To Use Multiple Virtual Desktops In Windows 10
- For instance: when talking about image file formats,you can think of many different formats, such as the famous JPG, GIF or PNG. But in reality, there are many storage formats for specific images or graphics that make up an image. As with programs like Photoshop and the use of its fantastic tools.
But, if there is a format that is worth knowing and that is not entirely common, it is TIFF, which you can easily access through Microsoft Office Document Imaging. Here we will explain how to download and install it:
How to download Office Document Imaging
Many people who use Windows already know a program called Office Document Imaging (MODI) to work with scanned documents. Along with it, the Microsoft Office document scanning program is installed, which actually scans documents for later transfer to Imaging.
The only downside is that there is no suite for Office Document Imaging. This fact is annoying, since simple document scanning is much more convenient than most of the barbaric programs that scanner manufacturers provide with their equipment, and Office Document Imaging allows you not only to save scanned documents in TIFF format, but also recognize text on them.
Although the optical character recognition capabilities (OCR) in Microsoft Office Document Imaging they are more modest than in ABBYY FineReaderIf you don’t want to pay extra money, it turns out to be quite a useful tool. Once the text is recognized, you can copy it from the scanned image or fax it to another location, or send it to Word.
Starting the Office Document Imaging installation
The MODI software package can be installed separately. Unexpectedly, MODI migrated to the installation package of SharePoint Designer 2007, a free HTML editor and web design program from Microsoft.
You can download SharePoint Designer 2007 from the Microsoft website at the following address (you can also select the language of the installation package from the following LINK)
Next, we begin to install Office Document Imaging.
- Step 1: The first step is to start the installer SharePointDesigner. exe.
- Step 2: Next, you confirm the agreement with the license agreement.
- Step 3: select the type of controlled installation by clicking the button “Setting”.
- Step 4: Next, in the list of packages, we remove everything you don’t need and add the ones you need: Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- Step 5: Then, you just have to have a little patience, wait for the installation process and that’s it.
NOTE: Also included in the MODI programs Microsoft Office Document Image Writer, a virtual printer that allows you to convert documents and images to TIFF format from any program, simply by sending them to print in this “printing machine”.
Keep in mind that the SharePoint Designer suite it also includes OneNote and Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which can also help you.
Installation for Microsoft Office Picture Manager in Office 2007
Microsoft Office Picture Manager is a program that was previously included in the main features of several Microsoft Office suites, which worked as a digital printer. Basically, the software detects it as another printer and uses it to be able to create TIFF files from other files without data loss.
However, this is a program that has been completely removed from Office suites since the 2010 edition and is currently not accessible. But, if you have Office 2007, there are several ways to access it. As such, there are two ways:
Method 1 to install Office Document Imaging
- Step 1: the first thing you should do is go to Control Panel and then in the section Programs.
- Step 2: Then, you must enter the folder Office and click “Change”.
- Step 3: After this, you need to click “Add or remove features”.
- Step 4: then you must look for the option “Office Tools” to open the list, and in “Microsoft Office document images” Choose “Run from my computer.”
Method 2 Office Document Imaging
- Step 1: you can access the Microsoft site to download SharePoint Designer 2007.
- Step 2: Then, you must go to the tools, in the tab “Not available”.
- Step 3– When you are there, you need to access the Office tools and switch to “Activate everything from my computer”, there included “Microsoft Office Document Imaging Document”.
What is the TIFF format?
Taking into account everything we talked about previously about image formats, we can highlight how important it is to know the different types of images. And, if we are talking about a specific format due to your interest or the specific purposes it has, we can cite the TIFF format.
TIFF, or Tagged Image File Format, It is a type of image format that is used for different purposes and is popular with people who are in the world of graphic design, photography or advertising. And, as such, it is a format that is used to be able to process many projects in addition to one. This type of TIFF format can be opened from a mobile phone or a PC.
- For instance– If you have a vector map, JPG image, and other types of images, you can compress them into a single TIFF file; Because it does not end up having data loss due to compression as it would happen with other types of format. And, if you want to have TIFF images at hand, one of the best tools is Office Document Imaging.
You may also be interested: Repair Office Product Activation Errors
As you can see, the download and installation of Office Document Imaging is not as complicated as you expected, do not forget to follow each step that we explain so that you can use this Windows utility, we hope we have helped you.