Today is the big day and Windows 10 has already been released worldwide. What can happen, that due to this deployment by phases and regions, the download and installation for your Windows 7 or Windows 8 can take days and even weeks.
If the rush is bad companions and you want to force the download and installation of Windows 10 to have your PC updated properly to enjoy all its virtues and benefits, then we show you how to do it. This tutorial is for users who have a genuine copy of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 and with all previous updates from Windows Update downloaded and installed.
The first thing we are going to check is to know if your PC has already downloaded the update to Windows 10. We go straight to the hard drive C: / and if we see a folder named as «$ Windows. ~ BT»(Important to have the option to” Show hidden files and folders “active in Control Panel / Appearance and Personalization) you will be ready for the update.
If that is not the case, you have to follow the steps next.
How to force download and install Windows 10
- First step: make sure you have reserved a free copy in Windows 10. Access this entry or click on the icon in the quick access bar that allows you to reserve a free copy.
- Second step: Launch Windows Update and make sure the option to automatically receive updates is on.
- Third step: navigate to C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload and delete everything you see in this folder.
- Fourth step: now we execute a command prompt or command prompt in administrator mode. Type ‘CMD’ in the search engine of the start menu and right click on the program to launch it as administrator.
- Fifth step: type this command and hit enter: wuauclt.exe /updatenow
- Step Six: After a few minutes, check Windows Update for updates. The download should already be starting Windows 10 on your PC.
- Once the download is complete, the preparation for the installation will begin.
You will already have list the installation to update to your system. If for whatever reason you want to perform a clean installation, you can access the ISOs that Microsoft has provided today.