Do you get toxic comments on the videos you upload to TikTok? Do not worry, you can prevent any user from making comments on your videos simply and quickly. All you need to do is enter your account settings and cross out the option that says “Allow comments”, Don’t you know how to do it? Keep reading that we explain here.
How to turn off comments on all TikTok videos
Before we show you the steps you must take, it is important to mention that this method blocks the comments of all the videos that you have uploaded to TikTok, as well as those that you will upload in the future:
- Within TikTok, you must enter your profile clicking on “Me”.
- Therefore, you will have to click on the three small dots which are located at the top right of the screen.
- A new screen will be displayed with different options, click on the option that says Privacy & Security.
- Click on the option that says Who can comment on your videos.
- Finally, select the option that says “Nobody” so that no user within TikTok can comment on your videos.
Once the last step is done, comments on all videos will be deactivated immediatelyThis means that you will not be able to see the comments that you have left before activating this function.
How to disable comments on a video on TikTok
TikTok also allows you to disable comments on a specific video, if you do not want to deactivate them in all the ones that you have uploaded to the platform. To be able to deactivate the comments of a specific video, you will have to perform all these steps:
- Within your TikTok profile, you will have to click on the video where you want to disable comments.
- Therefore, you should click on the three points which are located at the bottom right of the screen.
- A menu with different options will be displayed, click on the option that says Privacy settings.
- And finally, tap the green button which is displayed next to the option that says Allow comments.
As you can see, these two tutorials are very similar to the method that must be carried out to prevent your TikTok videos from being downloaded. Notably you can reactivate the comments whenever you want, since this function does not require any kind of special permission.