Viewing photos on Windows is usually not difficult (unless it’s a special format), but not all users are satisfied with the standard photo viewers, the rather meager options for organizing them (cataloging), searching and simple editing in them, as well as limited list of supported image files.
In this review - about free programs for viewing photos in Russian for Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7 (however, almost all of them also support Linux and MacOS) and about their capabilities when working with images. See also: How to enable old photo viewer in Windows 10 .
Note: in fact, all the photo viewer programs listed below have much wider functions than mentioned in the article - I recommend that you carefully go through the settings, the main and context menus in them to get an idea of these features.
The XnView MP photo and image program is the first in this review and probably the most powerful of its kind, available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, completely free for home use.
The program supports more than 500 image formats, including PSD, RAW camera formats - CR2, NEF, ARW, ORF, 3FR, BAY, SR2 and others.
The program interface is unlikely to cause any difficulties. In browser mode, you can view photos and other images, information about them, organize images by categories (which can be added manually), color marks, ratings, search by file names, information in EXIF, etc.
If you double-click on any image, a new tab with this photo will open with the ability to perform simple editing operations:
- Rotation without loss of quality (for JPEG).
- Red-eye removal.
- Resizing a photo, cropping an image (cropping), adding text.
- The use of filters and color grading.
Also, photos and images can be converted to another format (also a very significant set, including some exotic graphic file formats), batch processing of files is available (i.e., conversion and some editing elements can be applied immediately to a group of photos). Naturally, it supports scanning, importing from the camera and printing photos.
In fact, the possibilities of XnView MP are wider than can be described in this article, but they are all quite clear and, having tried the program, most users will be able to deal with these functions on their own. I recommend to try.
You can download XnView MP (both the installer and the portable version) from the official site https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/ (despite the fact that the site is in English, the downloaded program also has a Russian interface, which can be select on first start if it does not install automatically).
As stated on the website of the free program, IrfanView is one of the most popular photo viewers. We can agree with this.
As well as the previous software reviewed, IrfanView supports many photo formats, including RAW formats of digital cameras, supports image editing functions (simple correction tasks, watermarks, photo conversion), including using plug-ins, batch file processing and much more ( however, categorization functions for image files are not here). A possible advantage of the program is its very small size and requirements for the computer system resources.
One of the problems that a user of IrfanView may encounter when downloading a program from the official site http://www.irfanview.com/ is the installation of the Russian language of the interface for the program and plugins. The procedure is as follows:
- We downloaded and installed the program (or unpacked if the portable version is used).
- On the official website, we went into the IrfanView Languages section and downloaded the exe-installer or a ZIP file (preferably a ZIP, it also contains translated plugins).
- When using the first, specify the path to the folder with IrfanView, when using the second - we unpack the archive into the folder with the program.
- We restart the program and, if it did not immediately turn on the Russian language, select Options - Language from the menu and select Russian.
Note: IrfanView is also available as a Windows 10 store application (in two versions of IrfanView64 and just IrfanView, for 32-bit), in some cases (if you prohibit installing applications from outside the store) this can be useful.
FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is another popular freeware program for viewing photos and images on a computer. In terms of functionality, it is closer to the previous viewer, and in terms of interface - to XnView MP.
In addition to viewing many photo formats, editing options are also available:
- Standard, such as cropping, resizing, applying text and watermarks, rotating photos.
- Various effects and filters, including color correction, red-eye removal, noise reduction, curve editing, sharpening, applying masks and others.
You can download FastStone Image Viewer in Russian from the official website http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm (the site itself is in English, but the Russian interface of the program is present).
Photos app in Windows 10
Many did not like the new built-in application for viewing photos in Windows 10, however, if you open it not by double-clicking on the image, but simply from the Start menu, you can see that the application can be quite convenient.
Some things you can do in the Photos app:
- Search the contents of the photo (i.e., where possible, the application will determine what is shown in the image and then it will be possible to search for images with the desired content - children, sea, cat, forest, house, etc.).
- Group photos by people discovered on them (it happens automatically, you can set names yourself).
- Create albums and video slide shows.
- Crop a photo, rotate and apply filters like those on Instagram (right-click on an open photo - Edit and create - Edit).
Those. If you still haven’t paid attention to the built-in photo viewer in Windows 10, it may make sense to get to know its features.
In conclusion, I add that if free software is not a priority, you should pay attention to such programs for viewing, cataloging and simple photo editing as ACDSee and Zoner Photo Studio X.
It may also be interesting: