Most owners of Android devices use them as standard: for calls and messages, including in instant messengers, as a camera, for viewing sites and videos, and as an appendage to social networks. However, this is not all that your smartphone or tablet is capable of.
In this review, there are several unusual (at least for beginners) scenarios for using an Android device. Perhaps among them there will be something that will be useful to you.
What can an Android device from what you did not know about
I will start with the simplest and less “secret” options (which are known to many, but not all) and continue with more specific applications of phones and tablets.
Here is a list of what you can do with your Android, but you probably don't:
- Watching TV on Android is something that many people use, and at the same time, many are not aware of this possibility. And it can be very convenient.
- Transferring images from Android to TV via Wi-Fi can sometimes come in handy. Most smartphones and almost all modern Wi-Fi TVs support wireless broadcasting.
- Use Android as a remote control for a computer or laptop Windows, Mac OS or Linux
- Download the entire Wikipedia on your Android phone and read it offline - what if it comes in handy?
- Tracking a child’s location using parental controls is a feature I think is well known to many, but it’s worth recalling.
- Using the phone as a remote control for TV is less known to people. And such an opportunity exists for most modern TVs with Wi-Fi and other ways to connect to the network. No IR receiver is required: downloaded the remote control application, connected, started using without searching for the original remote control.
- Connect your smartphone to a computer or laptop Windows 10 using the application Your phone and have access to photos, calls, messages and screens from your computer.
- Make an IP camera from Android - is there an unnecessary phone that has been gathering dust in a drawer for a long time? Use it as a surveillance camera, it is quite simple to configure and works properly.
- Use Android as a graphic tablet for drawing on a computer or laptop , including using a pen and taking into account the force of pressing.
- Make a tablet on Android a second monitor for a computer - this is not about the usual broadcast of the screen image, but rather the use as a second monitor, which is visible on Windows, Mac OS or Linux with all possible parameters (for example, to display different contents on two monitors).
- Control Android from a computer and vice versa - control a computer with Android . There are many tools for these purposes, with different capabilities: from simple file transfer to sending SMS and communicating in instant messengers through a telephone from a computer. The following links describe several options.
- Distribute Wi-Fi Internet from your phone to laptops, tablets and other devices.
- Create a bootable USB flash drive for the computer directly on the phone .
- Use Android as a gamepad, mouse, or keyboard for your computer — for example, for games or for managing PowerPoint presentations.
- Some smartphones can be used as a computer by connecting to a monitor. For example, this is how it looks on Samsung Dex .
It seems that this is all that I wrote on the site and that I managed to remember. Can you offer additional interesting use cases? I will be glad to read about them in the comments.