In case you watch a video on YouTube in a browser or in an application on a smartphone by logging in with your account, the history of searches and views is automatically saved in your account. If you wish, you can delete the browsing and search history on YouTube, it is very simple to do. It is also possible to automatically clear or disable the storage of this data.
This manual details how to clear the history of your actions on YouTube both on the computer in the browser and on the phone (in the browser or application). Keep in mind that the story will be deleted everywhere: for example, you delete it on the computer, and if the same account is used on the phone, it will also disappear on it.
How to delete YouTube search and watch history on your phone
As a rule, to watch videos on YouTube on smartphones they use the official application, so first I’ll show the clear history in it, and then through a mobile browser.
- In the YouTube app, click on your account icon in the upper right.
- In the window that opens, click "Settings".
- Select History & Privacy.
- Here you will find the items “Clear browsing history” and “Clear search history”.
On the same settings page, you can enable two options - “Do not record browsing history” and “Pause recording of search history” if you do not want history to be recorded in the future.
If the official application is not installed on your phone, you can clear the YouTube history using a simple browser:
- Through the browser on your phone, go to youtube.com , if necessary, enter your username and password
- Click on the icon of your account in the upper right, and then open the "Settings".
- Use the options in the History & Privacy section to delete your search and viewing history and turn off your YouTube history if necessary.
How to clear YouTube history on computer
The steps for deleting YouTube history on the computer will be almost the same as in the case of actions on the phone, but the menus are slightly different:
- Go to YouTube.com under your account.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the page and select “Personal data on YouTube”.
- In the “YouTube Settings” section, you will see two sections - “YouTube Watch History” and “YouTube Search History”. Suppose we want to delete your browsing history. Click Manage Browsing History.
- On the next page, you can: disable recording YouTube’s browsing history, delete individual items from the history, or by clicking on the “Delete actions for a certain period” menu on the left, delete the history for the entire time (i.e. completely). If necessary, here you can configure automatic deletion of YouTube history.
- Similarly, the YouTube search history is deleted.
As you can see, deleting or disabling the recording of YouTube browsing and search history is a very simple task and there should be no problems with this.