Remote control and access to an Android smartphone from a computer or laptop without the need to connect devices with a USB cable can be very convenient and various free applications are available for this. One of the best is AirMore, which will be discussed in the review.
I’ll draw your attention in advance to the fact that the application is primarily intended for access to all data on the phone (files, photos, music), sending SMS from a computer via an Android phone, managing contacts and similar tasks. But: you won’t be able to display the device’s screen on the monitor and control it with a mouse, for this you can use other tools, for example, Apower Mirror .
Using AirMore for Remote Access and Android Control
AirMore is a free application that allows you to connect via Wi-Fi to your Android device and gain remote access to all data on it with the ability to send files between devices and additional useful features. In many ways, it looks like the popular AirDroid , but maybe someone will find this option more convenient.
In order to use the application, it is enough to follow the steps below (in the process the application will require different permissions to access the phone functions):
- Download and install the AirMore app on your Android device https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airmore and launch it.
- Your mobile device and computer (laptop) must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If so, in your computer’s browser, go to http://web.airmore.com . A QR code will be displayed on the page.
- Press the “Scan to connect” button on your phone and scan it.
- As a result, the connection will occur and in the browser window you will see information about your smartphone, as well as a kind of desktop with icons that allow you to remotely access data and various actions.
Smartphone controls in the app
Unfortunately, at the time of writing, AirMore lacks support for the Russian language, however, almost all functions are intuitive. I will list the main available remote control features:
- Files - remote access to files and folders on Android with the ability to download them to a computer or, conversely, send from a computer to a phone. Deleting files and folders, creating folders are also available. To send, you can simply drag the file from the desktop to the desired folder. To download - mark the file or folder and click on the arrow icon next to it. Folders from the phone to the computer are downloaded as a ZIP archive.
- Pictures, Music, Videos - access to photos and other images, music, videos with the possibility of transferring between devices, as well as viewing and listening from a computer.
- Messages - access to SMS messages. With the ability to read and send them from a computer. With a new message, a notification is displayed in the browser with its content and addressee. It may also be interesting: How to send SMS via phone in Windows 10 .
- Reflector - function to display the Android screen on the computer. Unfortunately, without the ability to control. But there is the possibility of creating screenshots and automatically saving to your computer.
- Contacts - access to contacts with the ability to edit them.
- Clipboard is a clipboard that allows you to exchange a clipboard between a computer and Android.
Not much, but for most tasks ordinary users, I think, will be quite enough.
Also, if you look in the “More” section of the application on the smartphone itself, there you will find several additional functions. Of the interesting ones, Hotspot for distributing Wi-Fi from a phone (but this can be done without applications, see How to distribute Internet via Wi-Fi with Android), as well as the “Phone Transfer” item, which allows you to exchange Wi-Fi data with another A phone that also has the AirMore app installed.
As a result: the application and the provided functions are quite convenient and useful. However, it is not clear how the data is transmitted. Apparently, the transfer of files between devices takes place directly on the local network, but at the same time, the development server also participates in the exchange or support of the connection. Which could potentially be unsafe.