There are many online image editors, often called “photoshop online,” some of which provide a truly impressive array of photo and image editing features. There is also an official online editor from the developer of Photoshop - Adobe Photoshop Express Editor. In this review about which online photoshop, as many users call it, provides the best opportunities. First of all, we will consider services in Russian.
Remember that Photoshop is a product owned by Adobe. All other graphic editors have their own names, which does not make them bad. Nevertheless, for most ordinary users, Photoshop is more a common noun, and this can mean anything that allows you to make a photo beautiful or to edit it.
Photopea is an almost exact copy of Photoshop, available online, free and in Russian
If you just need Photoshop to be free, in Russian and available online, the Photopea graphic editor came closest to this.
If you worked with the original Photoshop, then the interface in the screenshot above will remind you very, very much, and this is the online graphic editor. At the same time, not only the interface, but also Photopea functions largely repeat (and, what is important, implemented in exactly the same way) those of Adobe Photoshop.
- Work (loading and saving) with PSD files (personally checked on the files of the last official Photoshop).
- Support for layers, blending types, transparency, masks.
- Color correction, including curves, channel mixer, exposure settings.
- Work with shapes (Shapes).
- Work with selections (including color selections, Refine edge tools).
- Saving in many different formats, including SVG, WEBP and others.
The online Photopea photo editor is available at https://www.photopea.com/ (switching to Russian is shown in the video above).
Pixlr Editor - the most famous "online photoshop" on the Internet
You most likely have already encountered this editor on a variety of sites. The official address of this graphic editor is https://pixlr.com/editor/ (Anyone can simply paste this editor into their site, and therefore it is so common). I must say right away that in my opinion, the next review point (Sumopaint) is even better, and this one I put in the first place precisely because of its popularity.
At the first start, you will be asked to create a new blank image (it also supports pasting from the clipboard as a new photo), or open some ready-made photo: from a computer, from the network, or from an image library.
Immediately after that, you will see an interface very much like that in Adobe Photoshop: in many ways, repeating menu items and a toolbar, a window for working with layers and other elements. In order to switch the interface to Russian, just select it in the top menu, under Language.
The online graphics editor Pixlr Editor is one of the most advanced among similar ones, all of whose functions are available completely free of charge and without any registration. Of course, all the most popular functions are supported, here you can:
- Crop and rotate the photo, cut out some part of it using rectangular and elliptical selections and the lasso tool.
- Add text, remove red eyes, use gradients, filters, blur and much more.
- Change the brightness and contrast, saturation, use curves when working with image colors.
- Use the standard Photoshop keyboard shortcuts to deselect, select multiple objects, cancel actions, and others.
- The editor maintains a history log, which you can navigate, like in Photoshop, to one of the previous states.
In general, it is difficult to describe all the features of Pixlr Editor: this, of course, is not a full-fledged Photoshop CC on your computer, but the possibilities for an online application are really impressive. It will bring special pleasure to those who have long been accustomed to working in the original product from Adobe - as already mentioned, the same names in the menu, key combinations, the same system for managing layers and other elements and other details are used here.
In addition to Pixlr Editor itself, which is an almost professional raster graphics editor, on Pixlr.com you can find two more products - Pixlr Express and Pixlr-o-matic - they are simpler, but quite suitable if you want:
- Add effects to photos
- Create a collage from photos
- Add texts, frames, etc. to the photo
In general, I recommend trying all the products, since you are interested in the possibilities of online editing your photos.
Another impressive online photo editor is Sumopaint. He is not too famous, but, in my opinion, completely undeserved. You can start the free online version of this editor by clicking on the link https://www.sumopaint.com/paint/ .
After starting, create a new blank picture or open a photo from your computer. To switch the program to Russian, use the checkbox in the upper left corner.
The program interface, like in the previous case, is almost a copy of Photoshop for Mac (perhaps even more so than Pixlr Express). Let's talk about what Sumopaint can do.
- Opening multiple images in separate windows inside "online photoshop." That is, you can open two, three or more individual photos in order to combine their elements.
- Support for layers, their transparency, various options for blending layers, blending effects (shadows, glow and others)
- Advanced selection tools - lasso, region, magic wand, highlight pixels by color, blur the selection.
- Ample opportunities for working with color: levels, brightness, contrast, saturation, gradient maps and much more.
- Standard functions, such as cropping and rotating photos, adding texts, various filters (plugins) to add effects to the image.
Many of our users, even in no way connected with design and printing, have real Adobe Photoshop on their computers, and they all know and often say that they do not use most of its features. Sumopaint, perhaps, contains precisely the most frequently used tools, features and functions - almost everything that might not be required by a super professional, but a person who knows how to handle graphic editors can be found in this online application, and it’s completely free and without registration. Note: some filters and functions still require registration.
In my opinion, Sumopaint is one of the best of its kind. Really high-quality "photoshop online" in which you can find anything you want. I’m not talking about “effects like on Instagram” - other means are used for this, the same Pixlr Express and they do not require experience: just use the templates. Although, everything that is on Instagram is also possible in similar editors when you know what you are doing.
Online photo editor Fotor
The online photo editor Fotor is relatively popular among novice users due to its ease of use. It is also available free of charge and in Russian.
Read more about the features of Fotor in a separate article .
Photoshop Online Tools - an online editor that has every reason to be called Photoshop
Adobe also has its own product for easy photo editing - Adobe Photoshop Express Editor. Unlike the above, it does not support the Russian language, but nonetheless, I decided to mention it in this article. You can read a detailed review of this graphic editor in this article .
In short, only the basic editing functions are available in Photoshop Express Editor - rotation and cropping, you can remove defects such as red eyes, add text, frames and other graphic elements, make simple color correction and perform a number of simple tasks. Thus, you cannot call him professional, but for many purposes he may well be suitable.
Splashup - Another Photoshop Simpler
As far as I could understand, Splashup is the new name for the once-popular online graphic editor Fauxto. You can run it by going to http://edmypic.com/splashup/ and clicking on the “Jump right in” link. This editor is somewhat simpler than the first two described, nevertheless, there are enough possibilities here, including me for a complex photo change. As in previous versions, all this is completely free.
Here are some of the features and features of Splashup:
- Familiar to Photoshop interface.
- Editing multiple photos at once.
- Support for layers, various types of blending, transparency.
- Filters, gradients, rotation, tools for selecting and cropping images.
- Simple color correction - hue-saturation and brightness-contrast.
As you can see, in this editor there are no curves and levels, as well as many other functions that can be found in Sumopaint and Pixlr Editor, however, among many online photo editing programs that you can find when searching on the network, this one is of high quality. albeit with some simplicity.
As far as I can tell, I managed to include all the serious online graphic editors in the review. I deliberately did not write about simple utilities, the only task of which is to add effects and frames, this is a separate topic. It may also be interesting: How to make a collage of photos online .