One of the common tasks after acquiring a new Android phone is to hide unnecessary applications that are not deleted, or to hide them from prying eyes. All this can be done on smartphones Samsung Galaxy, which will be discussed.
The instructions describe 3 ways to hide the Samsung Galaxy application, depending on what is required: make sure that it does not appear in the application menu, but continues to work; has been completely disabled or deleted and hidden; it was inaccessible and not visible to anyone in the main menu (even in the "Settings" - "Applications" menu), but if desired, it could be launched and used. See also How to disable or hide Android apps .
Simple application hiding from the menu
The first method is the simplest: it simply removes the application from the menu, while it continues to remain on the phone with all the data, and can even continue to work if it is running in the background. For example, hiding some messenger in this way from your Samsung phone, you will continue to receive notifications from him, and by clicking on the notification it will open.
The steps to hide the application in this way will be as follows:
- Go to Settings - Display - Home screen. The second method: click on the menu button in the application list and select the "Home screen options" item.
- At the bottom of the list, click Hide Applications.
- Mark those applications that you want to hide from the menu and click the "Apply" button.
Done, unnecessary applications will no longer appear in the menu with icons, but will not be disabled and will continue to work if necessary. If you need to show them again, use the same setting again.
Note: sometimes individual applications may appear again after hiding this method - this is primarily the application of your operator’s SIM card (appears after rebooting the phone or manipulating the SIM card) and Samsung Themes (appears when working with themes, as well as after using Samsung Dex ).
Removing and disabling applications
You can simply uninstall applications, and for those where it is not available (Samsung built-in applications) - disable them. At the same time, they will disappear from the application menu and stop working, send notifications, consume traffic and energy.
- Go to Settings - Applications.
- Select the application that you want to remove from the menu and click on it.
- If the “Delete” button is available for the application, use it. If there is only “Turn off” (Disable) - use this button.
If necessary, in the future you can re-enable disabled system applications.
How to hide Samsung applications in a protected folder with the ability to continue to work with it
If your Samsung Galaxy phone has a function such as “Protected Folder”, you can use it to hide important applications from prying eyes with the ability to access with a password. Many novice users do not know exactly how the protected folder works on Samsung, and therefore do not use it, and this is a very convenient feature.
The bottom line is: you can install applications in it, as well as transfer data from the main storage, while a separate copy of the application is installed in the protected folder (and, if necessary, you can use a separate account for it), which is not connected in any way with the same application basically menu.
- Set up a protected folder, if you have not done so already, set the unlock method: you can create a separate password, use fingerprints and other biometric functions, but I recommend using a password that is not the same as for a simple phone unlock. If you have already set up a folder, you can change its parameters by going to the folder, clicking on the menu button and selecting “Settings”.
- Add applications to the protected folder. You can add them from those that are installed in the “main” memory, or you can use the Play Store or Galaxy Store directly from the protected folder (but you will need to re-enter account information that can be different from the main one).
- A separate copy of the application with its data will be installed in the protected folder. All this is stored in a separate encrypted storage.
- If you added an application from the main memory, now, having returned from the protected folder, you can delete this application: it will disappear from the main menu and from the “Settings” - “Applications” list, but it will remain in the protected folder and it can be used there. It will be hidden from everyone who does not have a password or other access to the encrypted storage.
This last method, although not available on all Samsung phone models, is ideal for those cases when you need privacy and protection: for banking and exchange applications, secret messengers and social networks. If such a function was not found on your smartphone, there are universal methods, see How to set a password for the Android application .