This step-by-step instruction describes in detail 4 ways to download Windows 10 x64 and 32-bit, Professional, Home or other versions in the form of an original ISO image for creating a bootable USB flash drive, installation on a computer or laptop, or other purposes.
The Windows 10 image loaded with the proposed methods is completely original and can be used to restore the licensed version of the system on your device. If you do not have a digital license or a product key, you can also install the OS on a computer or laptop and use it without activation .
The official way to download Windows 10 x64 and x86 using the Installation Media Creation Tool
In order to download the original ISO image of Windows 10, Microsoft suggests using its own utility Media Creation Tool - a tool for creating installation media, which, among other things, allows for simple downloading of the system image. At the same time, the latest version of Windows 10 is downloaded with the option to select 64-bit and 32-bit systems, and the ISO image contains both the Home (Home) and Professional (Pro) versions of the system. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Go to the page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click "Download tool now", after the Media Creation Tool is downloaded, run it.
- After some period of preparation of the utility, accept the terms of the license, and then - select "Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD-ROM or ISO-file) and click" Next ".
- At the next stage, you can choose which Windows 10 to download - to do this, uncheck “Use the recommended settings for this computer” and select the language, edition (select Windows 10 - it contains all available editions of the system for users) and the bit size in the “ Architecture". Click "Next."
- Indicate whether you want to download Windows 10 as an ISO file for subsequent independent actions with it or immediately create a bootable USB flash drive on a connected drive (data will be deleted from it).
- If you select the "ISO-file" you will also need to specify the location to save the image.
After these steps, you just have to wait until the Windows 10 image is fully downloaded to your computer, and then use it in the way you need.
How to download the original ISO Windows 10 from Microsoft without software
There is a method that allows you to download Windows 10 from the official site without downloading the Microsoft utility, but it is hidden from Windows users, however, its use is possible:
- Go to the official download page https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/software-download/windows10 in a Chrome-based browser (Google Chrome, Opera, Yandex Browser).
- Right-click in an empty place on the page and select “View Code” (sometimes it may be called differently, for example, “Check Object”).
- The debugging console will open, in it, find the button for the emulation mode of mobile devices (marked on the screenshot) and click on it, and select a mobile device above the page itself.
- Refresh the page in the browser: its appearance will change. In the "Select release", select "Windows 10" and click "Confirm."
- In the next step, specify the language of the product, for example, Russian and click "Confirm".
- Download Windows 10 - 64-bit or 32-bit from the official Microsoft website.
As a result, we did not need the Media Creation Tool utility, and the boot process is likely to be faster than in the first case: since apart from the ISO Windows 10 image, nothing additional will be downloaded to the computer.
Please note: if you open the same official page from a phone or computer with a non-Windows operating system installed, then downloading the image will be directly available without the described manipulations.
Download Windows 10 using Rufus
Many people use the Rufus program to create a bootable USB flash drive, but not everyone knows that the latest versions of this program also allow you to download ISO Windows 10, and the original image is downloaded from the official site.
The desired item is located where the "Select" button is, just click on the arrow next to the button and change the item to "Download", and then click on the button. More details: How to download Windows 10 using Rufus .
Using TechBench by WZT
Previously, there was a TechBench section on the Microsoft website for conveniently loading ISO images, but they later abolished this section. Now, the TechBech analogue is available as a separate site https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php?lang=en-RU
Just go to the site, select the version of Windows 10 you want to download and get a direct link: after starting the download, on the "Downloads" page in your browser, you can make sure that the ISO image is taken from Microsoft sites (software-download.microsoft. com), i.e. This is a completely original system.
How to download Windows 10 - video instruction
I hope the suggested options have been helpful. Fortunately, downloading an official Windows 10 image has not been a big deal lately. If you need help installing the OS on a laptop or computer, then almost all the nuances are outlined in the Clean Install Windows 10 from a USB flash drive .