If you needed to display the image from your iPhone to a PC or laptop via Wi-Fi, it is relatively simple: Windows programs for transferring images via AirPlay are available, and Mac OS also has a built-in method of translation from an iOS device.
In this manual, there are ways to transfer an image from an iPhone to a computer (which are also suitable for an iPad). Unfortunately, none of the possibilities involves controlling the iOS device on the screen: such functionality is not provided by Apple for security purposes. See also: How to transfer an image from Android to a Windows 10 computer .
How to output an image from iPhone to a Windows computer
Windows does not have built-in tools for broadcasting from iPhone using AirPlay over Wi-Fi, but this can be done using shareware programs, which we’ll talk about. To use them, both devices must be connected to the same wireless network. In case there are problems connecting, try disabling the firewall on your computer.
5KPlayer is a completely free program that allows you to stream from iPhone to computer, as well as record video from the screen (and at the same time work as a media player).
- Download 5KPlayer from the official website https://www.5kplayer.com/5kplayer-download-windows.htm and install the program on your computer.
- When requesting access to networks from the Windows Firewall, give this permission.
- During the first launch, the program will ask you to register: it is not necessary to do this, just refuse to register once (the bottom button in the window).
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the control point (swipe from the bottom of the screen) and select "Screen Repeat."
- In the list, select 5KPlayer.
After making the connection, the screen of your iOS device will be reflected on the computer screen - you can use, and if necessary, record video with sound.
LetsView is a completely free program that allows you to easily display your iPhone via AirPlay on your computer or laptop with both Windows and Mac OS. There is the ability to easily record video from the screen and other additional functions.
A detailed review of the utility - Display iPhone and Android screen on a computer with the ability to record in LetsView .
ApowerMirror also allows you to use its functions for free (but there is also a paid version with advanced functionality). After downloading, installing the program and registering a free account, simply select the “iOS” tab in it, and you will see everything you need to do: open the iPhone’s control center and display the image on your computer.
Everything works smoothly and quickly, and if desired, you can record the phone screen or create screenshots right on the computer. ApowerMirror download is available on the official website https://www.apowersoft.com/phone-mirror
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver is a very simple program that correctly performs its function: receiving images from iPhone and iPad via AirPlay (built-in broadcast technology in iOS).
- Install LonelyScreen from the official site https://www.lonelyscreen.com/download.html and run the program.
- In the control point on the iPhone (opens with a gesture up from the bottom of the screen), click on "Repeat screen."
- In the list of available devices for transfer, you will see LonelyScreen, click on it.
- After connecting, the iPhone screen will be reflected on the computer in the program window.
Some additional actions are not required, unless it is worth paying attention that the program has an iPhone screen recording function (for this, click on the arrow in the lower right corner).
Until recently, the program was free, now, unfortunately, it asks for a license, but for some time it has been working without it. Interestingly, the free version of LonelyScreen is also installed on my computer (it has not been updated since the installation) and it works properly.
Mirroring360 is a paid program for receiving broadcasts both via AirPlay from iOS devices and from other PCs or smartphones. You can use the 7-day free version to try its features.
- Download Mirroring360 from the official website https://www.mirroring360.com/
- After installing the program, click Request Free Trial, enter your E-mail and the desired password, and then click Activate.
- You don’t need to do anything in the running program: just start the broadcast by turning on the “Screen Repeat” function on your iPhone (select the device with the name of your computer in the list), as in previous such utilities.
Of the interesting functions of the program is the transmission of the image from your computer to the Internet: after clicking the Start Sharing button in the Mirroring360 main window, you will receive a link by clicking on which other users can see your screen.
Transferring Images from iPhone and iPad to Mac OS
If you have a Mac computer, then you can use the system’s built-in tools if you need a cable connection, as well as third-party applications if you need to connect via Wi-Fi to stream images from iPhone to it.
Output iOS image on Mac in QuickTime Player
You can use QuickTime Player to broadcast the iPhone screen on a Mac and, if necessary, record content, using the following method:
- Connect the iPhone with a cable to your Mac, when you are asked if you need to trust the computer - confirm the trust.
- Launch QuickTime Player on Mac OS (through the Applications folder or search in the status bar at the top right). From the QuickTime Player menu, select File - New Video.
- In the window that opens, click on the arrow next to the record button and select “iPhone” in the “Camera” item.
Immediately after that, its screen will be reflected on the Mac OS desktop. If you need to record video, you can specify the quality of the recording, the source of the sound recording.
Programs for showing iPhone screen on Mac OS
Almost all the programs that were described in the Windows section also support Mac OS, you can use 5KPlayer, Mirroring360, ApowerMirror, LonelyScreen and other utilities, and the process will not differ from the one already described.
In order not to leave this part of the review empty, I will offer another excellent program, which, unfortunately, only works for 7 days for free and at the same time displays its sign at the bottom of the screen. Nevertheless, it is worth attention as one of the best solutions for transferring screen images and recording video.
- You can download Reflector 3 for Mac OS (there is also a version for Windows) from the official site https://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/download
- After starting the program, you can do nothing, or you can study the settings using the icon in the status bar.
- On your iPhone, open the control point and turn on screen repeat. Select the device with the name of your Mac.
- A code appears on the Mac OS screen, enter it on the iPhone.
- Immediately after that, the transfer of the image from the iPhone screen to the screen of a computer or Mac laptop will begin.
On this I will complete. In reality, this is not all such programs, but I tried to choose the best of them, including free ones, I hope that there will be enough of them for your tasks.