Windows 10 comes with an extensive set of both standard programs and UWP applications from the official store, many of which are not needed by most users. Hence the question: how to remove these firmware.
Bulk Crap Uninstaller is a free program available in Russian, which makes it very easy to remove many preinstalled programs, applications and components of Windows 10, and if necessary, third-party software installed by you or the manufacturer of a computer or laptop. The article details the use of this uninstaller utility.
Using Bulk Crap Uninstaller to remove standard applications
After downloading and installing or unpacking the portable version of Bulk Crap Uninstaller (the official site is at the end of the manual), we launch it; there are no nuances at this stage.
- At the first start, you will be asked to set some parameters of the program (it will be possible to change in the future). All of them are described in detail, but I recommend that you pay attention to the section for experienced users: theoretically, removing system and protected components can lead to problems with the OS, check these items only if you are sure about what you are doing.
- As a result, you will see a list of applications available for removal, including both built-in Windows 10 applications and third-party applications. At the bottom of the Bulk Crap Uninstaller window is a graphical display of the sizes of installed applications.
- In the simplest case, to remove the built-in Windows 10 applications, you just need to mark them (to make it possible to check the box, make sure that the “Checkboxes of choice” is set on the left in the “List view”) and click the “Delete” button.
- A list of applications for uninstallation will be shown, make sure that exactly what is required is selected, if necessary, select “silent” uninstallation (without additional requests from the uninstaller), click “Next”. In the event that the application on which some other program depends and can be determined is deleted, you will also see a corresponding notification.
- You will be prompted to create a new system restore point (I recommend doing this) and change the deletion settings (for beginners I recommend leaving it unchanged). Click "continue."
- In the last window, you only need to confirm the deletion and wait for the process to complete.
- After removal, you will be asked to find the remnants of the programs and delete them: here is at your discretion (but sometimes after deleting the remnants there are unforeseen situations when it turns out that these components are used somewhere else).
As a rule, everything works smoothly and quickly and there should not be any problems with a simple removal of embedded Windows 10 applications. Well and the most important thing in the program, why does it take its name - the ability to very quickly automatically delete a large number of programs almost without your additional intervention (when possible) after starting the uninstall.
Among the additional features of the program:
- Creating a script to remove selected embedded applications (located in the File menu, the items “Export to a batch uninstall script” (bat file) or “Create PowerShell remove script” (for Windows PowerShell, more about using it to remove applications manually in a separate instructions How to uninstall embedded Windows applications 10 ).
- In the Advanced Operations menu, you can unlock access to the folders of the selected applications in the WindowsApps system folder (in the Take Ownership item, become the owner), delete applications from the registry (without deleting the application files themselves), and create a backup copy of the registry .
- In the “Tools” menu of interesting options - search and delete applications by window or folder: you can simply specify a window or program interface element to quickly remove it (shown in the video below).
- In the same place, in the "Service" you can delete items from Windows startup.
There are other useful elements: for example, filtering programs by various parameters and properties, quickly opening a folder with an installed program (most easily through the context menu of a specific program) and others.
Video on using the Bulk Crap Uninstaller uninstaller
As a result, I can recommend the program for use, a very convenient and effective uninstaller for embedded and other Windows 10 applications. The official site where you can download Bulk Crap Uninstaller is https://www.bcuninstaller.com/