In this instruction for novice users, details about where to install and uninstall Windows 10 programs, how to get to this component of the control panel and additional information on how to remove Windows 10 programs and applications from your computer are the fastest.
In fact, when compared with previous versions of the OS, little has changed in the 10-part regarding the removal of programs (but a new version of the uninstaller interface has been added), moreover, an additional, faster way has appeared to open the “Add or Remove Programs” item and run built-in uninstaller program. But first things first. May also be of interest: How to remove embedded Windows 10 applications .
Where in Windows 10 is the installation and removal of programs
The control panel item "Add or Remove Programs" or, more precisely, "Programs and Features" is located in Windows 10 in the same place as before.
- Open the control panel (for this you can start typing "Control Panel" in the search on the taskbar, and then open the desired item. More ways: How to open the Windows 10 control panel ).
- If in the "View" field in the upper right is set to "Category", then in the "Programs" section, open "Uninstall a program."
- If “View” is set in the viewing field, open the “Programs and Features” item to gain access to the list of programs installed on the computer and their removal.
- To remove a program, simply select it in the list and click the "Delete" button in the top line.
- The denistaller from the developer will start, which will guide you through the necessary steps. Usually, just clicking the Next button is enough to remove the program.
Important note: in Windows 10, the search from the taskbar works very well, and if you suddenly do not know where this or that element is located in the system, just start typing its name in the search field, with a high probability, you will find it.
Removing programs through Windows 10 Preferences
In the new OS, in addition to the control panel, a new “Settings” application is used to change parameters, which can be launched by clicking “Start” - “Settings”. Among other things, it allows you to remove programs installed on your computer.
In order to uninstall a Windows 10 program or application using the options, follow these steps:
- Open “Options” and go to the “Applications” - “Applications and Features” section.
- Select the program you want to remove from the list and click the corresponding button.
- If the Windows 10 Store app is uninstalled, you just need to confirm the deletion. If the classical program (desktop application) is deleted, then its official uninstaller will be launched.
As you can see, the new version of the interface for removing Windows 10 programs from the computer is quite simple, convenient and efficient.
3 Ways to Uninstall Windows 10 Programs - Video
The fastest way to open "Programs and Features"
Well, the promised new quick way to open the program removal section in the "Applications and Features" settings of Windows 10. There are even two such methods, the first opens the section in the settings, and the second either immediately starts the program removal or opens the "Programs and Features" section in the control panel :
- Right click on the “Start” button (or Win + X keys) and select the top menu item.
- Just open the Start menu, right-click on any program (except for Windows 10 store apps) and select “Uninstall”.
Many installed programs create their own folder in the "All Applications" section of the Start menu, in which, in addition to a shortcut for launching, there is also a shortcut for deleting the program. You can also usually find the uninstall.exe file (sometimes the name may slightly differ, for example, uninst.exe, etc.) in the program folder, it is this file that starts the removal.
To remove an application from the Windows 10 store, you can simply click on it in the application list of the Start menu or on its tile on the initial screen with the right mouse button and select the “Delete” item.
With the removal of some programs, such as antiviruses, sometimes there may be problems when using standard tools and you need to use special removal tools from official sites (see How to remove antivirus from a computer ). Also, for a more complete cleaning of the computer during removal, many use special utilities - uninstallers, which can be found in the article Best Programs for Removing Programs .
And the last: it may turn out that the program that you want to remove in Windows 10 is simply not in the list of applications, but it is on the computer. This may mean the following:
- This is a portable program, i.e. it does not require installation on a computer and just starts without the preliminary installation process, and you can delete it as a regular file.
- This is a malicious or unwanted program. If you suspect this, refer to Best Malware Removal Tools .
I hope the material will be useful to novice users. And if you have questions - ask them in the comments, I will try to answer.